In an area with busy roadways like East Central Florida, all too often a Daytona Beach accident lawyer hears about a pedestrian getting hit when he or she tried to cross the street or highway.
While sometimes it is the pedestrian’s fault for not following simple safety steps, a Daytona Beach accident lawyer knows that often the pedestrian is blameless. Speeding or reckless driving often leads to injuries and death to pedestrians.
Especially sobering is information from an analysis done by the University of Maryland for the group Transportation for America. According to the study, released in 2011, Florida is the most dangerous state in the nation for pedestrians. The group concluded that neglect of pedestrian safety in the design and use of American streets has caused more than 47,700 pedestrian deaths in the U.S. from 2000 to 2009. With more than 688,000 pedestrians injured during those years, a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle every 7 minutes in the United States.
Whether it is poor infrastructure design, driver neglect or pedestrian carelessness, a Daytona Beach accident lawyer realizes there is a huge problem in this country, especially in our part of the world. We’re close to the Orlando-Kissimmee area, which the study showed was the most dangerous place for pedestrians in the country based on population.
You can protect yourself, by remembering these safety tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Cross the street at a designated crosswalk.
- Be careful at intersections, where drivers may fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians while turning onto another street or seeking to beat a light.
- Increase your visibility at night by carrying a flashlight and wearing reflective clothing.
- It's safest to walk on a sidewalk, but if you must walk in the street, walk facing traffic.
If you are injured while out walking through no fault of your own, a Daytona Beach accident lawyer at Seitz & Tresher can explain your legal rights to you.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogDaytona Beach Accident Lawyer | Daytona Beach Attorneys | Daytona Beach Lawyers | Volusia County accident attorneys |
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Treyvon Martin ? A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- A Jury of Your Peers?