Elder Abuse and Daytona Beach Lawyers
The holidays are a joyful time of the year for families, especially as they reunite for what is often a once a year get together.
But for some people, Daytona Beach lawyers note, the holidays can be the saddest time of the year, especially for the elderly in nursing homes. If ever there was time to visit an elderly relative in a nursing home, it is during the holidays to let them know they’re not forgotten.
Daytona Beach lawyers also note that any visit is a good time to make sure an elderly relative or friend is getting proper treatment. Nursing home abuse can happen even in the best quality nursing homes and often it is up to a relative or friend to watch for signs of mistreatment. Here are some of the warning signs of abuse.
- Extreme sores or rashes on an elderly person’s body, especially bed sores.
- A noticeable odor of urine or fecal matters on person’s body or in the room or other living area.
- Malnutrition or dehydration, which can be determined by unusual gauntness.
- Inappropriate displays of affection by a staff member towards an elderly resident.
- Inappropriate conversations between a staff member and the patient regarding their financial affairs and other personal information.
Deprivation of care for a totally dependent elderly person can often result in serious injury or death, so when you visit during the holidays, Daytona Beach lawyers suggest you pay close attention to their general health, If you are unable to personally visit, make sure you have a network of family and friends who can regularly check on the elderly resident .
The Daytona Beach lawyers of Seitz & Tresher would be honored to consult with you about an elderly person’s rights if you suspect there may be nursing home abuse. The firm also can consult about other personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Bookmark & Share
Popular tags on this blogDaytona Beach Accident Lawyer | Daytona Beach Attorneys | Daytona Beach Lawyers | Volusia County accident attorneys |
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Treyvon Martin ? A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- A Jury of Your Peers?