Daytona Beach Attorneys / New Smyrna Beach Accident Attorney - Insurance Claims /

Daytona Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer - Property Damage Liability


The other type of insurance required under  Florida law is "Property Damage Liability Coverage." This insurance covers damage to property caused by the negligence of another motorist. In other words, it protects the other guy in an accident. Property damage liability coverage does not protect your car if it is damaged in the accident. It only protects the property of the other person in the accident.

So what is "full coverage?" If you go to your insurance agent and ask for full coverage, you may only be given a PIP and Property Damage Liability Policy. Under Florida law, this would be considered the full coverage required. However, it will only protect you minimally if you are in an accident. Many other coverages are available:

Any Daytona Beach motorcycle accident lawyer will tell you that Collision Coverage covers your car if it is damaged in an accident, regardless of fault.

Bodily Injury Liability Coverage applies if you have the misfortune of injuring someone in an accident.

Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Coverage applies if you are injured by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.

In reality, the inclusion of these types of insurance will give you full coverage.  How much insurance to purchase is a personal decision. Remember, you want to feel comfortable that you have enough insurance to protect you under any reasonable circumstances.

If you would like more information please feel free to contact a Daytona Beach motorcycle accident lawyer from the law firm of Seitz & Tresher.

Back to Top