Daytona Beach Attorneys / New Smyrna Beach Accident Attorney - Insurance Claims /

Daytona Beach Auto Accident Attorney - Automobile Insurance


Remarkably Florida law only requires that you carry property damage liability and personal injury protection insurance to get your license. Property damage liability covers the other persons vehicle in the event you are at fault in an accident. Personal injury protection insurance pays for your medical expenses and value loss. A lot of people don't even carry full personal injury protection and decide on a $2,000 deductible for that coverage. This means that you would be responsible for the deductible amount out of your own pocket. You should be aware that there are other coverages available we believe and recommend that you should consider and carry:

Bodily injury coverage protects you when you are in an accident and injure someone else and you are at fault. This coverage protects you in the event you are at fault in an accident and hurt somebody.

One type of insurance any Daytona Beach auto accident attorney will advise for you to get is Uninsured Motorist coverage protects you and other eligible persons if you are in an accident with someone who carries no insurance at all.  Florida law does not require a person to carry bodily injury coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage is essentially "self protection” insurance and we highly recommend that you carry that coverage to protect yourself in the event that you are injured by someone who is living without insurance. We see this happening on a frequent basis.

Feel free to contact a Daytona Beach auto accident attorney from the law firm of Seitz & Tresher with any questions.

Back to Top