Applying for Social Security Disability
You can apply for Social Security disability payments if you are older than 18, worked and paid Social Security taxes for a sufficient amount of time, have an impairment that will keep you from working or prevent you from working for at least 12 months or end in death, and you are a resident in the U.S. or one of its territories.
Sounds simple, right?
A Daytona Beach Social Security Disability lawyer can explain to you the process in filing a claim and represent you through the process.
A claim requires a long list of documents and steps to take.
For example, here are the steps for reporting your disability:
- You must have the name, address and phone number of someone knowledgeable about your medical conditions and how they can help with your claim.
- You must have the names, addresses, phone numbers, patient ID numbers and dates you were treated from all doctors, hospitals and clinics. Having allyour medical records helps.
- All of the medicines you are taking and the physician who prescribed them. Having the bottles available helps.
- For medical tests, you need the names and dates of them and who directed you to get them.
- You must have information from your last five jobs, including what you did and how long you worked.
- You need information on any insurance or workers’ compensation claims you filed, including the claim number, as well as the name, address and phone number of the insurance company.
While you can make a claim on your own, a Daytona Beach Social Security Disability lawyer can help make the process much easier.
For questions about Social Security benefits, contact Seitz & Tresher. It’s one of our specialties.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Treyvon Martin – A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- Kidney Donor Fatalities