Power Pole Problem
They are big, tall and heavy, and if they fall on something, they can cause a lot of damage. If a person is near one when it falls, a Daytona Beach accident lawyer knows it can cause serious personal injury.
Such was the case for Stephen Abramowitz, a father of two who had just strapped his kids in the car when a utility pole fell on his car and partially struck him, causing a severe back injury.
A Daytona Beach jury found for the Plaintiff and ordered two utilities and a food delivery company to pay damages of nearly $960,000.
The electric utility in the case said it regularly checks its 50,000 or so utility poles to make sure they are structurally sound. In this case the pole fell after cables connected to it were caught on the delivery truck.
But perhaps a better solution is one that is happening in many areas of the country where local governments are implementing plans to bury utility cables underground and rid their area of the unsightly and sometimes dangerous utility poles.
This Daytona Beach accident lawyer thinks it is good to see responsible governments taking action to reduce hazards while also improving the aesthetics of their communities. While a falling utility pole may be a rare incident, the fewer that fall the better.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Treyvon Martin – A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- Kidney Donor Fatalities