Daytona Beach Attorneys / New Smyrna Beach Accident Attorney - Insurance Claims /

New Smyrna Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney - Lost Wages

LOST WAGES

You don't need a New Smyrna Beach motorcycle accident attorney to tell you that a great benefit of owning a PIP policy is the fact that it will pay 60% of your lost wages if you are hurt. Insurance companies require proof from your doctor that you are unable to work and completion of a "Wage & Salary Verification Form" by your employer before your lost wages will be paid. Once the insurance company has that information, within 30 days, they must begin paying your lost wages. As long as you are unable to work and your insurance company is kept apprised of that fact by your doctor, you will be entitled to a check from your insurance company every two weeks. Remember that PIP pays only 60% of your lost wages. A New Smyrna Beach motorcycle accident attorney know that you are entitled to this regardless of who caused the accident. The negligent driver responsible for the accident will also be responsible for the remaining 40% of your lost wages unpaid by PIP. However, you will not be entitled to the 40% of your unpaid wages until your case is closed.


Back to Top