Lawyers, Trials and the Law in Movies
Many of us have our own mental list of the best lines from lawyer- and legal-related movies, and now we are going to recap some of them to help you relive those very memorable law office and courtroom moments.
• First up, from My Cousin Vinny, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, lawyer Vinny Gambini's defense strategy: “But your honor, my clients didn’t do anything.”
• Magazine publisher Larry Flynt to his lawyer in The People vs. Larry Flynt: “You don’t want to quit me. I’m your dream client. I’m the most fun, I’m rich, and I’m always in trouble.”
• Julia Roberts as Erin Brockovich to her lawyer boss: “Do they teach lawyers to apologize?”
• Colonel Nathan Jessup (Jack Nicholson) in A Few Good Men: “You can’t handle the truth!”
• From Anatomy of a Murder with Jimmy Stewart: “I’m just a humble country lawyer trying to do the best I can against this brilliant prosecutor from the big city of Lansing.”
• Atticus Finch often shows quiet courage in To Kill a Mockingbird, especially when the accuser’s father glares at him and asks: “What kind of man are you?”
• Famous banter from And Justice For All: "Mr. Kirkland you are out of order!" "You’re out of order! You’re out of order! The whole trial is out of order!"
• Danny DeVito in War of the Roses: “In divorce court there are no winners and losers, only less losers.”
• Elle Woods in Legally Blonde: “The rules of hair care are simple and finite. Any Cosmo girl would have known.”
• From Paper Chase: “Here’s a dime. Call your mother. Tell her there’s serious doubt about your becoming a lawyer.”
Unlike the lawyers in most of these movies, your Daytona Beach attorneys at Seitz & Tresher are happy to consult with you regarding a possible case of personal injury, wrongful death, product liability, social security disability or nursing home abuse, and we will not charge a fee unless and until we win your case. Contact us today if you think we may be of help.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Treyvon Martin – A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- Personal Injury and your Daytona Beach Attorneys