Holiday Shopping and Daytona Beach Attorneys
The most wonderful time of the year has been gathering dark clouds in the past few years with the horrific stories of Black Friday shopping gone awry.
Daytona Beach attorneys have noted that the sentiments of everyone sharing happiness and generosity with their fellow man are sometimes cast aside in pursuit of a bargain.
The website Rank.com has even compiled a list of 13 worst Black Friday shopping incidents. Daytona Beach attorneys would rather share eggnog and a few ho, ho, hos, but want to remind everyone to be careful while holiday shopping. Real life is not like the movie “Jingle All the Way” where Arnold Swartzenegger and Sinbad battled over possession of an action figure! Here’s part of the Rank list of Black Friday horrors:
- A 34-year-old temporary Walmart worker was killed in 2008 at a Long Island store when more than 2,000 people charged the store and forced the front doors open.
- At the same store in 2008, an eight-month pregnant woman miscarried.
- On the same day as the Walmart stampede, at a Toys R Us in Palm Desert, Calif., two women got into a fight, and then their respective boyfriends got into it, ultimately pulling out handguns and shooting each other.
- In 2005, at a Walmart in Grand Rapids, Mich., a crowd stampeded, knocking down several people, including a pregnant woman who had to be taken to the hospital.
- In 2006, at the Del Amo Fashion Center in Torrance, Calif., mall management dropped 500 balloons holding gift certificates from the ceiling, onto a crowd of 2,000 people. In the ensuing mayhem, an elderly woman was injured requiring hospitalization.
- At an Orlando Walmart in 2005, a man cut in line, trying to get a low-priced laptop computer. He was caught by a security guard who pinned the man to the ground and handcuffed him. However, when the sheriff’s deputy showed up to take over, he mistook the guard for a customer and fought with him.
Daytona Beach attorneys just don’t think holiday shopping is worth incarceration, getting trampled, or spending a night in the hospital. They would rather see the holiday season start off bright and cheerful for everyone.
If you have the misfortune of being injured, you can consult with the Daytona Beach attorneys at Seitz & Tresher, a firm that focuses on personal injury law.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Treyvon Martin – A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- Kidney Donor Fatalities