Curbside Motorcoaches and Daytona Beach Lawyers
A recent report showing interstate curbside motorcoaches are much more likely to cause a fatal accident than traditional interstate bus operators should concern residents of East Central Florida, Daytona Beach lawyers note.
The curbside services mentioned in the report by the National Transportation Safety Board includes the many tour buses that come here from out-of-state. Daytona Beach lawyers have noticed there are a lot of those in East Central Florida. Although other types of interstate curbside services were included in the report, only the traditional interstate bus operator, Greyhound, is found in East Central Florida. The report didn’t include local bus services, such as Votran or Lynx, or in-state services like the casino boat and cruise shuttles.
Rather than at a bus terminal like Greyhound, curbside buses pick up passengers from street corners, parking lots and at other places, such as retail stores.
The report shows the fatal accident rate for curbside operators was 1.4 per 100 vehicles, compared with just .2 per 100 vehicles for conventional operators. Part of the reason for the higher number of accidents is the lack of driver experience for the companies that operate the service.
In fairness, Daytona Beach lawyers also noted the report shows motorcoach travel in general is reasonably safe with a low number of accidents nationwide.
For personal injuries, no matter where they happen, you can consult with the Daytona Beach lawyers of Seitz & Tresher about your rights.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Treyvon Martin – A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- Personal Injury and your Daytona Beach Attorneys