Benefits Increase and a Daytona Beach Social Security Disability Lawyer
The Social Security Administration recently announced that recipients of Social Security and Supplemental Security Income will receive a 3.6 percent increase, effective January 1, 2012. Welcome news for more than 60 million Americans!
While the monthly increase is modest – an estimated average of $1,229 a month compared to $1,186 now – receiving $41 more a month is crucial for an elderly or disabled person trying to pay their bills.
A Social Security disability lawyer also notes the increase will benefit his clients. The average payment for Americans on Social Security disability will be $1,111, compared to $1,072 now, a $39 a month increase, according to information released by the SSA.
As U.S. citizens continue to struggle in an uncertain economy, Social Security benefits are something they can count on to help now and in the future.
If you are seriously injured or contract a debilitating illness that prevents you from working, you may be eligible for Social Security disability benefits.Unfortunately, obtaining those benefits is not an easy process. It would be wise to consult with a Social Security disability lawyer to discuss your rights in this complicated area of the law.A Social Security disability lawyer at the Seitz & Tresher law firm is happy to assist disabled people needing help. The law firm also handles personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Most Popular Articles
- Daytona Beach Lawyer Rick Tresher Discusses Wrongful Death of a Sixteen Year Old Special Needs Child
- Big Changes in Rental Car Liability That Can Affect You
- Daytona Beach Lawyers Discuss Back to School Safety
- Your Daytona Beach Lawyers Know Personal Injury
- Interstates Amplify Accidents
- Treyvon Martin – A Florida Wrongful Death Case?
- Pet Treats Center of Product Liability Case
- Personal Injury and your Daytona Beach Attorneys